Tuesday 5 October 2010

The search for ‘the one’ waste of time or wait worthy?!

So this is what I wrote a couple of days ago when I was really feeling frustrated and annoyed at everything going on in my life!




People usually say you’ll find your ‘one’ one day all you have to do is wait.....
I’m sure as any girl would tell you, it’s usually effortlessly easy to sit there and think of all the qualities this ‘one’ will have and what he might look like what he is going to treat you like...and all those films like the notebook don’t really help! Lol you end up lying on your bed wishing upon stars to someday find this person...

What happens when you’re ready to find that person? When you’re thinking I’m ready to move onto the next chapter of my life with someone? So you open your heart and allow these people to enter your lives in order to find out if they really are your true match...

But what happens when you have met so many people and not one of them seems appropriate, what happens when all the prospects around you are so bleak that you’re thinking...when is my day going to come? I think my biggest fear by far would be to give my heart away to someone who wouldn’t take care of it and make it happy the way I always imagined...to settle for somebody because I couldn’t find my one..   

A depressing thought I agree but it was becoming more n more of an issue in our lives...no1 around me seems to be finding anyone appropriate...our standards too high? Too picky? I don’t think so...so what if I would like him a certain way...so what if we try and match out dreams to a certain degree...doesn’t everybody?? But I was really starting to question my standards like seriously..

Going away for a while and taking myself out of this situation brought clarity to me that was really refreshing! I came back with a total positive attitude...I came back thinking yes he must exist...someone who will make my heart flutter and my palms sweaty and make me stutter and blush..he must exist..So what if I have to wait..So wait if I have to be patient *I’m not known for my patience..so it’s hard lol* but all this will make him even more special to me...it will allow me to treasure him more when I do finally find him?! I’m not saying I’ve been dreaming of Iain somerhalder and I’m holding out until I’m with someone like him..*haha..but seriously he is hot lol* not by any means..but someone that makes me happy someone that would make me glow from the inside..bring out that secret inner smile...



I am not giving my heart away to someone who will not take care of it! I will hold out and gift it to someone worthy! I Don’t think any of us are picky I just think our hearts know better when someone comes along...

Girls should stand up for what they want and what makes them happy no matter how hard to road my seem!
The search for true happiness start now..!

Min x


No comments:

Post a Comment